Orient Overseas Container Line
- Industry wide rate volatility
- Port of Long Beach California labor strikes
- Fuel costs & environmental requirements/concerns
- Over capacity and over saturated market due to “mega ships” coming online
- OOCL North American Group headquarter relocation and implementation
- Invest in The Future
- Middle Harbor Redevelopment Project in California: Automation, operational efficiency, sustainability and environmental friendliness
- Refleeting Plan: Retire old vessels by selling/chartering. Updating fleet to new “Mega Class” vessels to push competition
- Form Effective Alliances
- G6 Alliance: Achieving scale & enhance product quality
- Deliver Superior Performance
- Constantly updating sailing schedules/port calls to maximize vessels capacity
Sales Analyst – OOCL NAG Headquarters
Customer-centric Selling Approach
Applied this approach to acquire new business; emphasized to foster strategic business alliances with customers and enhance thier competitiveness.
Match Customer's Needs with Company Objectives
Encouraging under-performing service loops to help increase load factor on vessels.
Competitive Rate Quote
Established competitive rates with customers based on prospective shipping volumes.
Daily Cross Continental Communication
International communication with trade, traffic, financial, and customer service departments around the world.
Analyzed current & target customers business developments into increase sales and vessel load factors.
Filed contractual amendments to ensure compliance with Federal Maritime Commission and mutual agreements between both parties.
Monitored and communicated urgent market and industry developments to both customers and sales. Invaluable during labor strikes in Port of Long Beach.
Who Moved My Cheese?
Presented 3 inspirational seminars to North American Group Integrated Management Service Center colleagues about a business motivation fable called “Who Moved My Cheese” by Dr. Spencer Johnson. Proposed advice on adaptation to change, anticipating change, moving with change and encouraging it.
- Customer Retention 96% 96%
- Customer Satisfaction 90% 90%
- Sales Goals Met 100% 100%
Customer Account Management
I had the pleasure of working with and managing many different companies from around the world. Here are a few examples:
Proctor & Gamble, CNH Industrial, Kellogg, PetSmart, Cummins, Jarden, SC Johnson, Bissell, True Value, Full Beauty Brands, Cardinal Health, America Chung Nam, Herbalife, Belkin International, Fender Musical Instruments, Ace Hardware, Rockford Corporation, Expeditors, DB Schenker, Kuehne & Nagel, Nippon Express, C. H. Robinson, Cycle Link, Delong, Toy Shippers Associations, National Custom Brokers & Forwarders Association, and International Housewares Shippers Association.